NOGS was formed by Eleven Gynecologists practicing in Nasik in the year 1974. It is a non profit organization dedicated to Maternal and Child Health.
The Society is registered with Charity Commissioner and functions under the guidancce of Board of Trustees which is formed as per the Trust deed.
Managing Committee is elected from amongst the members every year and looks after the day to day functioning and activities.
The Society hosted AMOGS in 1988, 2000 and 2010. It also successfully hostedd West Zone Yuva Fogsi in 2014.
Eminent stalwarts in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology from Nasik - Dr. A.K.Pawar, Dr. Vimal Khanapurkar, Dr. Nanashaeb Gosavi, Dr. Sharad Patankar, Dr. Vijaya Sule, Dr. M.R.Ratnaparkhi and Dr. Rajendra Bedmutha - have worked hard for the success of the Society.
NOGS is the donor of Prestigious Anjanelu Oration at AMOGS.
1. AID FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES TO FARMERS' CHILDREN On 22/7/14, a team of Nashik Ob Gy Society including Dr Appasaheb Pawar, Dr Chandrashekhar Pardeshi, Dr Gulab Wagh, Dr Ramesh Desle and Dr Ravindra Shivde visited the following places - Dhond Gavhan Wadi in Chandwad, Taluka- Deola in Deola, Taluka Satana, Askheda, Waghale and Shripurvade in Baglan Taluka.
Financial aid was distributed for educational purposes to children of farmers affected by hailstorm and untimely rains. A total amount of Rs. 2,15,000/- was distributed to 63 students. The amount was personally handed over to each student, in cash, in presence of school authorities. (photographs attached)
2. DONATION TO DR AMTE'S MAHAROGI SEVA SAMITI, VARORA. On 16 th Jaunary 2015 a donation of Rs. 50000/- was given to Dr. Vikas Amte, son of Shri Baba Amte for the aid of Maharogi Seva Samiti at Warora, Dst Chandrapur. (Photo attached)
3. DISTRIBUTION OF DRUGS AND NUTRITION TO TRIBAL PATIENTS.
Our member Dr Ajit Tidme regularly visits Primary Health Centre at Rohile, situated in the tribal area of Nashik District, carries our examination of antenatal and gynaecological cases and prescribes treatment. Several drugs and protein powder, which are not usually available in the PHC were provided by our society. By now Dr Tidme has distributed drugs on 3 such visits.
4. DONATION OF RS 50000 TO KALPATARU FOUNDATION
Kalpataru Foundation is a non-profit organization of doctors in Nashik City. The objective of the foundation is improving the health of tribal people who inhabit the hilly belt of Maharashtra. Several permanent health centres have been established by the foundation for providing ophthalmic and other health services in tribal area. These include centres at • Dubewadi • Surgana • Abhona •Panchwati • Kalbel (Dang) •Galkand (Dang) • Pimpalgaon etc The society has donated Rs. 50000 for the ‘Vision for Tribals’ project of Kalpataru Foundation, which involves participating in an international cycle race for the purpose of fund-raising.
5. Donation of Rs. 1,00,000/- to NAAM FOUNDATION
NAAM foundation has been started by Nana Patekar and Makarand Anaspure in September 2015. This has emerged after devastating conditions of drought & listening to agony of drought affected farmers in Maharashtra. Mission of NAAM foundation is to build sustainable & progressive society by facilitating development in rural areas by working on different issues like infrastructure, education, employment, food & so on. India would be superpower in coming years only if our villages get self-sufficient & developed.